Life chats: Quarantine Life

by - November 17, 2020


 Hii everyone

So we are still in quarantine! Yep 8 months in and still doesn't feel real at least to me. If somebody told me on New Year's eve that I will be finishing my college experience online and won't have a chance to say goodbye to my friends that I spent last 3 years of my life,  I would laugh and shake my head but here we are. 




I'm having very interesting year so far ( beside the whole global pandemic situation) and it includes; massive health panic involving my limfs, rupturing achilles tendon, welcoming new cousin to our family and loads of walks & baking. So let's catch up, shall we ;)

On the end of last year I've notice lump behind my right ear and since I was still studying in Pula, ER was only place I could've gone and well typically for me, that day it was pouring down with rain so much so I had to drive with bus for full of one stop just so I don't get soaking wet. The lovely doctor there sent me to get blood work done & to emergency ultrasound appointment that just happened to be on Christmas Eve. It was huge scare because I have family history of cancer that usually starts only on one side of the body ( I have it only on my right). Thankfully all of my tests came back negative and now I just need to go to controls every few months and try to keep it stress free ( If anybody know the way, please let me know.)

To keep things interesting, in April I went on a hike and managed somehow to rupture achilles tendon and had to wear full leg splint for 2 weeks aaand learn how to walk on crouches. Let me tell you, that hike was the only one this year cause I still get cramps and it gets painful if I walk long distances. Oh and about 2 months later I've fell down and hurt my thumb a day before my trip to Dubrovnik, and although it hurt as hell, that didn't stop me from going lol.



In between my two super silly injures my family welcomed another member and I got new cousin. He is now almost 7 months old and is ridiculously cute ( not saying cause he is family), he is such good baby that loves to smile, cuddle but his favourite is being carried around and let me tell you he is not light. I enjoy our almost daily playdates almost as much as he likes to look at himself in the mirror ;)

Due of the whole pandemic thing, my sister was able to come and go on log dog walks thru almost entire of spring which was so so lovely, cause I was either studying or baking and I needed bit of exercise. Where I live there is loads of woods, fields and open spaces where you can let doogies run because not a lot of people now how to get there so we would usually be only two there ( plus the dogs of course) and it felt so good.






Now lastly I got to mention that I've baked a lot like majority of people and I love it. I like to make foolproof bake goods and try new recipes like Tiramisu which I made myself for the first time and it turned out great.

That's pretty much what I have been doing past 7 months alongside finishing university which will be post for itself. What have you been up to?






I hope you are all doing good and staying safe and at home if possible. Please wash your hands, wear a mask and let's all together say massive thank you to our healthcare workers.

Stay safe

Love Ivana




You May Also Like

0 comments