Body Confidence

by - July 15, 2015

Hi guys


Today's post is a bit different to my usual posts, I'm going to talk about how I see my self and how I came to love my body.

Now this topic is something that everyone is talking about but yet there is so much more to be said, cause we all have different experience and opinion. So this is just how I see it and what I learn and you don't have to agree with it.

All my life I loved to eat, I think I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world, and to add to that I love love pizza, and milk and all the "naughty" food, so it's no wonder that I have some extra pounds and fat at my tummy and waist. 

Growing up I was let's say with normal weight but  with no booty and no boobies but in same time I had a bit of tummy going on, and as long as I remember my sisters had nice figure and nice abs so I was a bit sad that I'm not like that, Things got worse when high school came, all of sudden I got 5-7 kg on and I got boobies ( still no booty ) and my tummy got bigger.

In this point I was struggling with bullying and with adjusting to new environment, people and learning that my condition is real ( anxiety) so people pointing out my "fat tummy" was just too much. 

All of my friends had nice figure, and could were anything they want, and to be honest I was afraid that I will lose them cause I'm not "skinny" enough, and not to mention boys, ugrh. It's the body that we see first so standing next to someone with nice abs, thin legs was and sometime still is a real struggle for me.  

Fast forward all the tears and talks, to happy and confident me. I still have "fat tummy" and few pounds extra, but I learn that it's ok and that there are things more important then this, I still daydream about having abs and flat tummy but I'm to lazy to go and workout and eat veggies and that I love Oreo too much. But I also learned that everybody are beautiful in there way, and that as long as I'm healthy I'm fine. 

But there is one thing I'm not fine with and that is blaming society, I don't know do people think when they say that it's society fault for promoting this perfect skinny models and size 0 or stuff like that, do they don't get it that WE ARE SOCIETY, and that we are creating this image that can literally destroy someone's life? There are people mostly teenagers how comet suicide for not fitting the standard and that's what bothers me,

This summer go to beach, put on your bikini and have fun, if peopel are judging you just remember that you are one step ahead of them.




PS. Leave your photos with the hastagg #imperfectbodysize on twitter or instagram let's make society bit better even just for day or two.


xoxo Ivana

You May Also Like

0 comments